Wednesday 10 June 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - Day 5 Evening

Frustrating day. Was so up for running through the terrain at the north end of the Great Glen Way. Legs lungs heart muscles joints, all wanted to play but my left foot just wouldn't ante up and get in the game.

Have pitched my tent, probably illegally, on some Forestry Commission type land. It's a complete shambles, I'm on a slope and the pegs are fixed to what is effectively mulch but I just needed to get the weight off my foot.

I'm up the hill just south of Drumnadrochit. I did something over 15 miles today but haven't got a map so not sure.

Highlight of the day was stopping at the Abriachan Campsite at Wester Laide, the funnest, funniest, funkiest stopping point of any long distance route I've ever travelled. I stopped for coffee but stayed for lunch.

I'll fill in the details later. This has to me quick in case the iPhone battery runs put.

Basically, everything is great except my foot. And even that's great because the pain and frustration are probably teaching me some fine Buddhistic virtue which will come in handy whenever I have real problems.

I can hear the rain pattering on my tent. Mostly dry today, by the way, but not completely.

Signing off now, going to sup on tinned sardines and chocolate.

Yum yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment