Sunday 7 June 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - Day 2 Evening

And so I arrive in Golspie which, depending on whether you put your faith in Google Maps, the official road signs or the old Victorian stone waymarker outside the Sutherland Hotel, is either 68, 72 or 73 miles from John O'Groats.

I'm going with the Victorians. They have precedence. And that means I'm averaging 36.5 miles a day so far. Hoo Rah!

Injuries: General muscle soreness in shoulders, back and legs, suspicious twinge in left ankle, significant chafing to lower back and scrotum, sunburnt forehead, blister on sole of left foot.

Mood: Tired but happy

By the way. The sheep aren't staring at me any more. None of them. It's like they're deliberately ignoring me. And I get the feeling they know it's winding me up.

Wooly bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment