Tuesday 23 June 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - Day 18 Bedtime

After leaving Morebattle this afternoon I had intended to follow St Cuthbert's Way to Yetholm for the start of the Pennine Way going south.

Anyway, I missed a turning and lost St Cuthbert. Without a proper map, I know, I know, I couldn't find it again. I did, however, with the help of the old Roman road Dere Street, trip over the Pennine way and I now find that I am a good bit further on than I would have been
had I not got lost in the first place.

I'm camped on the Pennine Way at Chew Green a kind of old Roman settlement not far north of Byrness where I'm hoping to get breakfast in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. good going Joe. i'm doing the run in 10 months and looking forward to it. i have only logged into your marvelous diary for the first time today and you have given me even more of a drive to do it.

    not far to go. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe Met you on Hadrians Wall this evening near Winshields trig point. Nice speaking to you. I will post a copy of the photo to you via your email.
    Good Luck
    Chris

    ReplyDelete