Sunday 7 June 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - Day 2

Yesterday I made the daily goal of 35 miles by reaching Latheron, following the A99 all the way. Then at about 9.30pm tiredness and a lack of a suitable place to camp led me to wimp out and put up at a B and B.

And I'm glad I did. Alan Tanner who owns the Old Manse guest house made me a big cheese and tomato sandwich which I ate in the kitchen with a pot of tea while I chatted with Mr and Mrs Tanner.

Ten hours sleep and breakfast of porridge, poached eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, toast, fruit juice, coffee and I was ready to go again.

I'm in Helmsdale now having done the 19 miles from Latheron mostly in the pissing rain.

I'm having lunch of Cornish pastie, chips and beans. I'm 55 miles from John O'Groats and 15 miles short of Golspie which is pretty much my destination today. It's only 3.30 so I'm doing pretty good.

In fact everything is good, although I do find that I don't like being stared at by sheep.

Later, dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment