Monday 20 July 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - Day 45 Evening

Funny old chat this morning with the geezer who runs the snack kiosk just outside the campsite. While I ate a sausage sandwich and had a coffee that is.

"What you doin' then?'

"I'm on a journey. From John O'Groats to Lands End."

"Oh. Another one."

He was priceless. Told me a story about visiting Bulgaria on a package tour when it was still under communism with a ... Anyway, this is a family blog.

I had got up late again. Listening to the rain patter on the tent had not got me bouncing up I'm afraid. By the time I finished breakfast it was almost eleven again.

Anyway I kept banging on down the A39 running when it felt right. Although now my left shin had a tender swelling I really do not like.

Passed through Camelford where I bought chocolate and Irn Bru for lunch.

Eventually had a lovely supper of chilli and rice and salad at the Halfway House Inn just before St Columb. Then had another good old chat with Rebecca who works there and a chap at the bar. Very pleasant.

I'm in a campsite 53 miles from Lands End by Googlemaps. Which means I've only covered 24 miles today. Must get on the road earlier tomorrow.

Cheerio!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing adventure sir, I am in awe and admiration of your perseverance and achievement-a mere 53 miles to go major good fortune go with you!
    Best of the Best
    Martin

    ReplyDelete