Thursday 16 July 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - Day 41 Breakfast

Very strange barking noise last night after lights out. I thought I was being stalked by a badger but managed to get to sleep anyway.

This morning I was up early. I was on the road by 6.30 to face more near death experiences on the A39. It hasn't got any better since yesterday. Found an off-road path for a bit but it didn't last. Walked quite a few miles before stopping for breakfast.

Everywhere are signs proclaiming "The Quantock Hills - An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty". Reminds me of my buddy Glenn's reaction to the South Downs. "Nah! The Grand Canyon - that's outstanding. The Great Barrier Reef - that's outstanding. This... is a coupla horses in a field"

I've just had the full english breakfast in the Royal Huntsman in Williton still eight miles from Minehead. Should be there by lunchtime but after this breakfast I won't need to stop for food.

I'm feeling fantastic so I'm going to relax over a second pot of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment