Sunday 5 July 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - Day 30 Evening

While my Mizuno Wave Riders were going through their second wash cycle
yesterday I formulated a plan for getting to Lands End. About time, I
know.

Anyway, this is it. Skipton, where I took my break, is on the Leeds
Liverpool Canal. If I run the canal towpath along to Liverpool (98
miles) Prestatyn is just around the corner (35 miles) and Prestatyn is
the north end of Offa's Dyke. Take Offa's Dyke all the way down to
the south end, bridge over the Bristol Channel, round to Minehead (the
start of the South West Coastal Path) and then bang out the last few
miles down to Lands End.

Sounds easy of you say it fast but it works out at another 660 miles.
I really want to finish in no more than another 20 days. That would
be a total of seven weeks. It's doable but I need to boost the effort
a couple of notches.

So I made a start today. By the time I took the train from York to
Skipton it was midday but now, as I type this in my tent under a tree
by the canal, I'm 30 miles nearer to Liverpool.

Fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 30 miles in that short time! Amazing! Hope you didn't get soaked this aft (it poured in York for a while).Anyways take care and enjoy the rest of your journey! The Donnachie Clan!

    ReplyDelete