Sunday 12 July 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - Day 37 Morning

Yesterdy afternoon (day 36) after tea and cake in the Old Smithy just
north of Kidderminster I trekked on down through Kidderminster towards
Stourport-on-Severn. Here I left the Staffordshire and Worcestershire
Canal and continued south on the river Severn.

Ok the Severn is a real river so there is no canal towpath as such.
Fortunately, I soon found the Severn Way which follows the course of
the river to Worcester and beyond.

The path was a bit up and down and in and out after the towpath.
There was a lot of crossing of tussocky fields with a stile every
couple of minutes. Then it started to rain. Straight down and heavy
and in half a minute my feet were cold and wet. And it kept going.
And to be fair so did I. For a while. My goal was Worcester but when
I saw the campsite seven miles from home I pitched my tent, got out of
the rain and my soggy clothes and into a warm sleeping bag. I'm glad
I did. That was about seven thirty in the evening and the rain went
on forever.

I'm up now after twelve hours sleep (mostly). It's dry and I should be
on the road soon after nine making up for lost time.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment