Wednesday 1 July 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - Day 26 Afternoon

I got lost for a bit just after leaving Thwaite but when I eventually got on to the flagged path up to Great Shunner Fell the way was clear and I got a good pace going. Coming down the other side was even better. Flagged path or stony track all the way down as clear as the Edgware Road. I flew most of the five miles down to Hardraw.

Nearer the bottom I was able to do a good deed. An elderly scandanavian lady had become separated from two of her friends and by the time I had finished running up and down they were all together again.

I sat on a bench by the river and had breakfast in a can and a Mars Bar. Then I headed over the fields to Hawes. It was only just over a mile but now I feel wiped out. The heat is incredible. I'm sitting in a pub with a pint of Coke and a pot of tea trying to rehydrate.

It's only three twenty so plenty of hours left once I get going again.

I saw a sign for the Wensleydale Cheese Visitors Centre. I mean I like cheese. But do I want to visit?

Saw another sign, a handmade one, for, "Logs, sticks and potatoes".
That one I loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment