Saturday 30 May 2009

Updating Blog On The John O'Groats to Lands End Run

During the John O'Groats to Lands End run I'll be updating this blog daily from the road.

At least that's the intention. I can email my blog update from the iPhone. That's what I'm testing out now.

So as long as I can keep the iPhone charged up I should be OK.

When traveling along the West Highland Way I found that pubs were quite happy to let you plug in and juice your phone up. I usually asked just as I was about to order my food. Maybe that made a difference, I don't know. Anyway, that way it can be charging up while you're waiting for, eating and resting after your meal.

There's also a little portable gadget called a Freeloader which charges itself up from a small solar panel and then allows you to use that charge to recharge a range of different mobile devices. It's about 20 to 30 quid I think. So I may get one of those.

I should also be able to attach pictures and video to the posts.

Oh yeah, I just bought a thing called an Aquapac for the iPhone. Effectively the Aquapac is a watertight plastic bag for the iPhone (or any MP3 player really) which allows you to plug in earphones and allows access to the touchscreen so you can continue to use the iPhone/iPod in the pouring rain without it getting water damaged. The lens is obscured by the bag so you don't have use of the camera but, hey, who wants pictures of the pissing rain.

So here goes. Let's see if I can email my blog update.

1 comment:

  1. I love your cheeriness! I hope your run will be amazing!!
    I'll be thinking of you....
    Anita

    ReplyDelete