Sunday 31 May 2009

Last Richmond Park Run Before John O'Groats

I bought a new bag the other day. A nice little twenty litre day pack, the Salomon XA 20. It's the bag I'm going to use on the John O'Groats to Lands End run.

This morning I packed it up with pretty much everything I'll be taking with me. Tent, sleeping bag, waterproofs. The Camelbak water bag zipped into it's own compartment and the sleeping mat got lashed to the outside. I even packed food.

It was a beautiful hot day in the park and it was a lovely run. The new bag was a lot more snug than the old one and ten miles was little effort.

I had the iPhone on my belt in its rainproof Aquapac and banged out the miles to high energy music. I raced a couple of cyclists up the big hill and left them behind easily.

On a sunny Sunday the park was busy with walkers, runners, cyclists and picnicers. That didn't seem to bother the deer though. They were grazing right up to the main path. I took some pictures with the iPhone.

Ok, now this is really unexpected. I can't, at this point, decide to attach a picture of the deer to this message. And I've checked online. Once you've started a message on the iPhone there's no way to attach a picture.

Instead, this is what you have to do. If you want to email a picture you need to go to the picture you want and then select the option to email that picture, and then write the message. That seems silly to me. It makes me wonder if you can email more than one picture at once. Hmm.

Never mind. The deer gets a post all to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment