Wednesday 20 May 2009

John O'Groats to Lands End - The Preparation Continues

Still running, still eating, still sleeping. Still routeplanning. Still making decisions about equipment.
I've got my new iPhone 3G. Communications, music, internet access, maps, photos, video, note taking.
Only two weekends left before I head up to Scotland, round about the first or second of June. Visit family. Start running a couple of days later.
Excited and fearful. Trying to run conservatively. Every twinge is a snapped tendon or an exploded knee. But then the excitement gets to me and I run like a lunatic.
The last few days of office work are an agony of tedium. Human physiology is not built for this endless sitting, the human brain for this routine.
My social skills are shutting down. I say nothing or I say the wrong thing. I swear inappropriately, talk to myself, laugh at my internal dialogue. I stretch, stand, look out the window. I gather weather evidence from clouds, light, moving trees.
Soon. Soon. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment