Tuesday 24 March 2009

Edinburgh Festival 2009 Programme Copy Deadline

Out the door at 7.45 this morning for a thoroughly enjoyable ten miler. Feeling fit and fast and utterly fearless.

Honeyed porridge is followed by a shower, a two hour nap and a second breakfast of the two eggs, sausage, tomato and toast variety.

I decide to forgo a second run in favour of getting my Programme Copy Form completed in time for the Edinburgh Fringe Society discount deadline. The deadline is this Friday and the discount is considerable.

I find I haven't got all the venue details I need and after spending some time searching through old messages decide to email Peter Buckley Hill. PBH runs the Free Fringe through which I'm getting my Edinburgh venue. He's a busy man at this time of the year so I approach him reluctantly. He gets back to me with the info I need within twenty minutes. Many thanks, Peter.

You are allowed 40 words of copy in the Fringe Programme and this includes the show title. I thought I was ready but I've now decided to change the title from "Endorphia" to "The Road to Endorphia" because I feel that makes the idea of a journey clearer. Now I've got to lose three words from the show description. In fact, four words because I've decided to include my website address as part of the show description and that counts as one word.

This is what I end up with:

Running from John O'Groats to Lands End Joe found his Thousand Mile Journey taking him via the mythical land of Endorphia. How real is Runner's High? How high is it? Did Joe reach Lands End? www.joedonnachie.com

Ho hum.

Well, you can make changes after submission right up till it all goes to the printer so it's not the final word. I'm pretty pleased with it though. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment